With the cold weather officially here (meh), it’s also time for those meals that warm the body and feed the soul!
Like you, I follow a breakfast plan for every day of the week, and right on (weather changing) cue, my kids have been telling me that they’re bored with their current oatmeal. So last week, I switched it up and BAM, it.was.a.hit!
Incredibly easy and super delicious, let me introduce you to Breakfast Apple Pie Oatmeal!
Recipe: Breakfast Apple Pie Oatmeal
*I’m feeding 4 kids so you’ll need to adjust accordingly
- 1 medium to large size apple (we like honey crisp)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups dry oats
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 cups of water
- **wee bit of maple syrup…WEE
- Add water and egg to the pot and stir.
- Add cinnamon.
- Peel and grate the apple. Add to the pot.
- Add oats. Stir.
- Add butter.
- Cook on low-medium heat and stir regularly to avoid sticking to the sides (cause it’s got the egg).
- You’re welcome.