Photo credit: overtime cook
- ¾ cup dry quinoa (pre-rinsed to help reduce the bitterness)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1 dash salt
- ½ tbsp turmeric
- 1 dash black pepper
- In a saucepan place 2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and add the quinoa and simmer until the water is absorbed (about 10-15 minutes).
- Melt coconut oil in a skillet. Add diced onions, turmeric, pepper and salt, and lightly sauté for a few minutes.
- Add broccoli and lightly sauté for 5-6 minutes, until it becomes softened.
- Add the cooked quinoa and stir everything together.
- Serve & enjoy!
Tip: Add some cayenne pepper or curry spice for an extra spicy kick.