- •2 cans (1 L) coconut cream (or 1 L of the cream portion of the Aroy-D coconut milk ~about 3 cans worth)
- 1 package yogurt starter with live cultures
- 1 tbsp grass-fed gelatin
- 3 half pint jars and lids
- Whatever yogurt toppings you love
- Put the coconut cream into your Instant Pot liner, press “Yogurt”, then “Adjust”. This will bring it to a boil.
- When the readout switches to “Yogurt”, remove the liner from the pot, turn off the Instant Pot.
- Let the now liquid coconut cream cool, either on the counter or fridge so the temperature drops to below 100F. This is an important step, too hot, and your yogurt won’t culture and be tangy, you need the correct temperature so you don’t kill the live cultures! Too cold, and they won’t grow, so the 100F is important.
- Once the coconut milk is the right temperature, whisk in the starter a little at a time, no lumps. You want it nice and smooth.
- Press the “Yogurt” button and adjust the time, the longer you set the timer, the tangier it will be. 8 hours is just how I like it, I turn it on before bed, it’s ready by morning!
- While it is still warm, whisk in the gelatin a little at a time, again you don’t want clumps.
- Pour equally into the jars leaving room for the desired toppings, (you can put the topping on the bottom of course and pour the warm yogurt over top).
- Put on the lid and refrigerate 4-6 hours, it will set up to a thick tangy geek style coconut yogurt.
- Mix well before serving.