Cookies for breakfast? When they are chock full of goodness, the answer is YES! This recipe was adapted from simplyquinoa.com.
Chunky Monkey Breakfast Cookies
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (or nut/seed butter of choice)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup quinoa flakes
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 2 medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Beat together peanut butter, syrup, banana and vanilla in a large bowl. Add egg and mix to combine.
- Pour in oats, quinoa flakes, baking powder, spices and salt to the bowl and stir together. Fold in chocolate chips, walnuts, dates and chia seeds.
- Drop 2 tablespoons of dough onto the baking sheet and repeat until no dough remains.
- Bake cookies on center rack for 15 – 18 minutes until edges are golden brown. Remove and let cool on the pan for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Enjoy at room temp or slightly reheated in a microwave.