Cashew milk is by far the easiest (and quickest) nut milk to make. Cashews are a naturally softer nut so if you are pressed for time, you don’t even need to soak them overnight. When I forget to soak them, I simply throw them in a glass of water for a few minutes while I am prepping other things, then I get to making my milk! Oh, and the best part – no straining so there is no waste!
Makes 3-4 cups
- 1 cup raw cashews (These are the ones I use)
- 3 cups water
- pinch of salt
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or 1-2 dates (optional)
- Soak nuts for about 4-6 hours (optional, but recommended).
- Dump soaking water & rinse nuts.
- Add soaked nuts and 3 cups water to a high-speed blender and blend on high for about one minute until very smooth.
Serve & enjoy!
Tip: You can double (or halve) the recipe and store the milk in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days.