Chia Peach Green Smoothie
- handful spinach
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 banana
- 1 chopped peach
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or other non-dairy alternative)
- Add ingredients to blender in order listed (you want your greens on the bottom by the blade so they blend better and have the chia on the bottom to absorb some liquid before you blend).
- Wait a couple of minutes for the chia seeds to start soaking up the almond milk.
- Blend, Serve and Enjoy!
Tip: Smoothies are the ultimate recipe for substitutions. Try swapping different greens, fruit or seeds to match your preference.
Lemon Herb Roasted Chicken Breasts
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive old
- Preheat oven to 425F. Layer ½ of the lemon slices on the bottom of a baking dish. Sprinkle with ½ of the herbs and ½ of the sliced garlic.
- Place the chicken breasts on top and sprinkle salt & pepper. Place remaining lemon, herbs and garlic on top of the chicken. Drizzle with olive oil. Cover with a lid or foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes until chicken is cooked through. If you want the chicken to be a bit more “roasty” then remove the lid/foil and broil for another few minutes (watching carefully not to burn it).
Serve & enjoy!